VIXY management console next generation overview
Introducing the next generation VIXY OVP
The VIXY Online Video Platform (OVP) is a media asset management front-end application to the VIXY Platform. The OVP provides publishers all the tools necessary to manage and publish their media assets in one intuitive interface.
The new VIXY Online Video Platform (OVP) is an HTML5 based, Flash-free version that has been redeveloped with a new engaging design, new additional features, and performance improvements.
Content Creation and Editing
Entries List and Details
Share and Embed
What Can I Do with the OVP?
- Upload content and perform bulk ingestion
- Transcode and manipulate media assets
- Manage metadata profiles and high-precision temporal-metadata
- Design and customize branded media players
- Control and manage end-user entitlements to content in applications
- Create static and dynamic rule-based playlists
- View analytics and gain insights about how well your content is performing
- Configure live streaming web broadcasts
- Syndicate and distribute content across the web
- Configure ads and leverage ad networks
- Manage access control profiles and limit access to published media
- Manage your VIXY account settings
- Create VIXY users, roles and assign permissions
Media Management and Workflow
- Uploading and Ingestion - upload and ingest video, audio, images and docs, bulk or individual file uploads, via browser, desktop applications, email or mobile.
- Transcoding and Processing – convert videos into multiple flavors (optimized output files) and create transcoding profiles to ensure optimal viewing experience on all devices.
- Creating and Customizing Players - control player size, color, fonts and branding. Add or remove buttons, enable subtitles, sharing, and more.
- Creating and Customizing Playlists - Create manually or dynamically generated playlists.
- Managing Metadata and Categories - leverage metadata fields to tag, manage, search and expose content. Populate out-of-the-box fields or create your own custom metadata schema. Create content packages, including a set of video transcodes, multiple thumbnails in different sizes, metadata, subtitles, scheduling data, and more.
- Locating Content in the OVP - use categories, tags, and any of your custom metadata fields to locate any file, or search caption files for phrases within the video.
- Managing Access Control Profiles - control exactly when and where your content is published; decide who can do what within the OVP.
- Configuring OVP Users and Roles - use out-of-the-box roles and permissions or create your own custom roles with granular permissions.
- Managing Categories - provide a logical structure for your site and assist with content management.
- Moderation and Editorial Workflows - to eliminate spam and abusive content in UGC portals. Implement complex editorial workflows for your various team roles.
- Using Subtitles and Captions - upload multiple caption files (SRT, XML) and transcripts (TXT), or reference an external link. Viewers can toggle between different language captions.
- Live Streaming - schedule and broadcast live events. Includes all the features of on-demand video.
- Content Authoring Tools - trim and clip videos.
- Publishing to your Site - manage content, create playlists, preview and embed to your sites. Provide the optimal viewing experience across all devices with seamless mobile and tablet support.
- Advertising and Ad Networks- advertise, integrate with ad networks, and enable payment models.
- Creating and Tracking Analytics - get the insight you need on viewer behavior with built-in reports.
- Account Information- modify user information, integration settings and registration information.
Studio Player Design and Configuration
We highly recommend that you update your players to the latest Universal Studio players.