How to add subtitles / captions to a video and a video player
The advantages of subtitling
Make videos available to viewers from various countries. Easily add subtitling tracks to your videos by uploading them in .SRT or .XML format to the media library. Your viewers will now have the option to select the desired language from the video player.
- Extend your reach by offering multi-language options in the video player.
- Improve the ability to search through your videos in the library.
- Improve the visibility of your videos on the Internet due to better indexing of your videos by search machines such as Google.
- You will also be making your videos accessible to the 1.5 million deaf and hearing impaired people in the Netherlands alone.
How to add subtitles to the video
- Select the Contents tab and click on a video entry.
- Select the Captions tab.
- Click Add Another Caption.
- Enter a Label that will appear in the player’s captions drop-down menu. For example: English.
- Assign a Language to the caption from the drop down menu.
- Select the Type. Choose SRT or DXFP.
- Either paste an external URL in the File Location or click Upload File and upload an SRT or DFXP file from your computer.
How to handle multiple subtitles
- Select Add Another Caption to add additional captions files and repeat steps 4 to 7.
- Click Save
- In the Actions column click Set as Default.(optional – use for multiple languages)
! Make sure that you have captions enabled and configured in the video player !
- Go to the videoplayer tab via the main navigation
- Go to the video player where you want to activate and style captions
- Press on the Look and Feel icon. The following tab will open
- Check the box next to Closed Captions to enable this option.
- Select the layout (location on the video) from the drop down menu.
- Modify other closed captions’ options as required.
- Click Apply Changes to preview your modifications.
- Click Save Player Settings.