How to create categories and assign videos to a category
Why you should use the categories functionality:
1. Categories make it easy to search, organise your media library so you can quickly find the video you are looking for.
2. Categories allow you to quickly publish new videos on your website via a 'Rule-Based Playlist' or automatically via the API.
3. Categories have a hierarchical structure with main- and sub-categories, this makes it easy to filter content.
4. Video analytics and content reports can be filtered on categories, this makes it easy to get an overview of your video results per topic. For example: an online yoga business might like to share revenue with their teachers based on minutes viewed for each teacher. By adding a main category 'Teachers' and adding 'Sub-categories' for each teacher they can easily filter the content reports per teacher.
Categories allow you to filter your media library
Categories allow you to automatically publish new videos (Rule-Based Playlist),
To create a Rule-Based Playlist: https://help.vixyvideo.com/article/19-working-with-video-playlists-and-related-videos
Categories allow you to filter your video analytics (Content Reports)
Step 1: Create a category or sub-category
1. Go to the Content tab and select the Categories menu.
2. Click on the green button 'Add Category', a pop-up will appear.
3. In the Add New Category pop-up, enter a name for the category.
4. Select 'No Parent' if you want to create a new main category. Or: select an existing category to add a sub-category.
5. Click 'Apply', enter a description (optionally) and tags (optionally) for the category.
Step 2: Add videos to a category
1. Go to Content -> Entries menu.
2. Select the videos (one-by-one or in BULK) that you want to add to the category.
3. That's it.