Why you should use the categories functionality:
- Categories make it easy to search, organise your media library so you can quickly find the video you are looking for.
- Categories allow you to quickly publish new videos on your website via a 'Rule-Based Playlist' or automatically via the API.
- Categories have a hierarchical structure with main- and sub-categories, this makes it easy to filter content.
- Video analytics and content reports can be filtered on categories, this makes it easy to get an overview of your video results per topic. For example: an online yoga business might like to share revenue with their teachers based on minutes viewed for each teacher. By adding a main category 'Teachers' and adding 'Sub-categories' for each teacher they can easily filter the content reports per teacher.
Categories allow you to filter your media library
Categories allow you to automatically publish new videos (Rule-Based Playlist)
Categories allow you to filter your video analytics (Content Reports)
Step 1: Create a category or sub-category
- Go to the Content tab and select the Categories menu.
- Click on the green button 'Add Category', a pop-up will appear.
- In the Add New Category pop-up, enter a name for the category.
- Select 'No Parent' if you want to create a new main category. Or: select an existing category to add a sub-category.
- Click 'Apply', enter a description (optionally) and tags (optionally) for the category.
Step 2: Add videos to a category
- Go to Content -> Entries menu.
- Select the videos (one-by-one or in BULK) that you want to add to the category.
- That's it.