This article explains how to setup a live stream within VIXY. To be able to create a livestream within the VIXY platform you need the livestreaming module to be activated. Contact sales for the pricing.
1. Open your VIXY account and create your Stream URL
Login to your VIXY account on click on the 'Create' button top right. On the following screen click on Create Live Stream Entry.
Now you are going to create a location to stream to. Make sure that in the following screen you check the following settings are set correctly:
- Stream Type: Must be set to ' VIXY Live streaming (HDS/HLS/DASH)'
- Name: Choose the name for your livestream
- Description: Short description for yourself of the event
- Live Transcoding Profiles: ' Default - Live'
When everything is set correctly press on the 'Create' button. A new screen will appear. Press on 'Yes'.
2. Retrieve the streaming url
Here you will find the Stream URL (Primary URL) and Stream Name as shown in the window below.
When you click on share & embed you will see the url & embedcode for your live stream video player. Here you live stream will be broadcasted.
3. Configure your streaming software or encoder on location
- 1Copy your unique Stream URL
For example – rtmp://live.vixyvideo.com:1935/kLive/?p=130&e=0_5enwd4tt&i=0&t=9904af15 and paste it into URL field
Copy your unique Stream Name
For example – 0_5enwd4tt_1 and put it after the Stream URL and paste it into the stream field
We advise the following stream quality settings:
- Keyframe: 2s
- FPS: 25/30 fps
- h264 codec high profile
- bitrate van 3.5/4.5mbit for 1080p for 25/30 fps.
4. Secure a stable internet connectionWhen you want to stream live - you need a stable internet connection. In the live streaming industry, it is commonly accepted that you should maintain a connection speed of at least 750 KBPS. For higher quality streams, a minimum of 2 MBPS is necessary. It is also generally recommended that your upload speed is twice as fast as the quality at which you want to stream. You can test your internet speed for secure video upload at testmy.net to gauge your connection at your present location.
5. Broadcast live!
Now that you have everything set up, you’re ready to go live! If you followed the above steps correctly, your live stream should be working at this point! Within 15 to 40 seconds, the live stream should appear on your screen. This means you’re now ready to stream live to your viewers!
We hope this guide makes it easier for you to set up your live broadcast. As we’ve highlighted above, all you need is a good internet connection, your unique Stream URL (RTMP link).