How to Monetize Content with Video Ads
VIXY Player's advertising features allow you to monetize your content with video ads. VIXY supports ads that are compliant with two of the leading ad frameworks — IAB's VAST and VPAID.
In order to start running video advertising in your video player, you need the following:
- A VIXY Video Platform account.
- An embedded VIXY Video Player on your website with the Doubeclick or VAST plugin enabled (You can enable plugin in the player studio). Also read our Getting Started guide to learn how to upload & embed a video on your site.
- A working AD Tag from an Ad server such as Google DFP, in either VAST/VPAID or Google IMA format. Learn more about DFP video solutions. and on Run video ads on your Ad Manager network
VIXY Player's advertising features allow you to monetize your content with video ads. VIXY supports ads that are compliant with two of the leading ad frameworks — IAB's VAST and VPAID. To begin monetizing content all that is needed is a valid AD Tag from your AD partner and a video player where the VAST or Doubleclick plugin is enabled.
Configuring Ads in the video player
- Login to VIXY and click on players in the top menu bar go to the video player overview page
- Click ADD NEW PLAYER or click the name of an existing player you want enable advertising on.
- Set your desired playback settings and other customizations.
- Click the MONETIZATION tab of the player builder.
- Activate the DoubleClick plugin and add the AD Tag URL from your google account.
- Press SAVE PLAYER SETTINGS
You can enable a ‘Skip Ad’ interface element during advertising playback and even customize the countdown message as well as the skip text. Enabling skipping provides better engagement for your viewers.