Add SRT subtitles to your player
Extend your reach by offering multi-language options in the video player. Improve the visibility of your videos on the Internet due to better indexing of your videos by search machines
SRT is the most basic of all subtitle formats. It consists of four parts, all in text..
- A number indicating which subtitle it is in the sequence.
- The time that the subtitle should appear on the screen, and then disappear.
- The subtitle itself.
- A blank line indicating the start of a new subtitle.
It's important to add a correct time notation to your subtitle format, like above. Notations like "1:10 - 1:23" will not result in a correctly displayed subtitle.
Step 1: Create a .SRT file with a correct time format using a simple editor like: Notepad or TextEdit.
Here is an example SRT file:
Step 2: Upload .SRT file to a video in VIXY
- Go to the Content -> Manage tab and select the video where you want to upload a subtitle.
- Go to the Captions tab -> Choose "Add Caption"
- Set your "Language" and "Label"
- Upload File.
Step 3: Enabling subtitles for viewing in the VIXY player
- Go to VIDEO PLAYER and select the player where you want to display subtitles.
- Click on the eye (look & feel) icon on the left -> Enable 'Closed captions"
- If desired: change the layout. Additionally, you can choose 'Enable options menu" to let customers choose the layout themselves.
- Save player settings.
Our subtitles scale based on the original player size set in the player studio. Increase the size of the video player in the player studio to a standard of 1280*720 (so 720 pixels high), in combination with a 32-font size of the subs, this now yields a good result in terms of scaling on desktop and mobile. For a preview of another client, see:
That's it! You're all set.